Google’s local search is a prime real estate for small business owners! The Snack Pack is the top 3 local listings on Google's search results pages. Unlike organic results, these results run off a separate algorithm based on niche and location.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU'RE IN THE SNACK PACK?
- Type your business category and location (example: Video Production in Pompano Beach)
- If you don’t see your name in the top 3 local listing slots, your business isn't in the Snack Pack.
How do you get in the Snack Pack?
How your business is seen online is a clear representation of your success. With so many customers finding businesses online, your business must stand out amongst competitors. Unfortunately, there is no single solution to getting your business in the Snack Pack, you’ll need a combination of onsite and off-site tactics. Let’s break it down…
1. On-Page Signals 20%
Your website signals are one of the most important factors when it comes to your online ranking and SEO. This is essentially having an SEO optimized website with the right keywords in the right places.
- Find the best keyword for your niche market that doesn’t have a lot of competition.
- Optimize your website Page Title.
- Include a sitemap on your website with your business location.
2. Link Signals
Your pages link signals is the other most crucial element to ranking on Google’s Snack Pack. Your link signals are inbound and outbound links in your website. Inbound links are links to your webpage from other sites andoOutbound links are links within your website (articles and blog posts).
- This requires a little more elbow grease because you're going to need to make content. This can be in the form of articles and blog posts. By increasing the depth of your website, you are creating a larger signal to Google that your page is relevant.
- Remove any bad or broken links. Have you ever clicked on a page on someone's site and you are brought to an error message? Google heavily punishes sites that create tension and a negative user experience.
- Reach out to local businesses with who you’ve worked with in the past. If they were happy with your quality product or customer service, see if they would be willing to mention you in their blog!
Citations are the number of online directories your business is listed for online. This is a numbers game so the more local citations you have the better!
- Have a consistent NAP date, by this, we mean making sure your name, address, and phone number is correct on all your social platforms and directories. Inconsistencies like a wrong number or old location can lower your online score.
- If your business is just starting out, make sure to spend a good amount of time submitting your information to directories like Yelp, Bing, Google, Mantra etc.
4. Mobile Behavior
This is how users behave on their smartphones. This will become a more pressing factor because studies are proving that people who search more on-the-go will more likely buy! This consists of
- How many mobiles clicks your website gets
- Location Check-ins
- Mobile searches and calls
- Please, please, please make sure your website is mobile optimized and responsive. (can you zoom in and out? Does it fit to a handle held screen?)
- Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm even gives your website a boost on search results pages!
- Increase customer engagement and by letting them “check-in” to your location.
The more customer reviews, the better! Having lots of 5-star reviews about your quality products and customer service doesn't just help your ranking, it boosts your sales and establishes a trustworthy reputation to prospective customers.
- Ask and you shall receive! You’d be surprised how easy it can be to ask a customer who’s had a positive experience with your business.
- Use Reviews in exchange for discounts or promotions.
- Try a Review Request Software! Our Review Generation system calls you to send personalised emails to your customer and makes getting 5 stars reviews a 1 step process. Ask for a demo here and try it for yourself!
The is the personal touch and style you apply to your business website. Basically, make your website better than your competition
- Have a clean and easy to navigate website
- Use tactful sales copy
- Invest in a niche based graphic designer
7. Social Platforms
Before you go firing your social media marketer, this is still important! Having your business on major social platforms is essential because your customers are already there! No need to spam their inbox or send coupons in the mail. Since social platforms have gotten more crowded it’s no longer an easy win, now you have to aim for
- More likes/follows
- More customer engagement
- Posting compelling content
- Run ads or boost posts on Facebook! FB Ads can be extremely powerful when don’t correctly and consistently. You can use FB extensive database to target specific demographics based on location, age, and spending habits!
- Share posts and videos! Find out what your customers want to see online and how they are relevant to your business, you don’t even have to be creating the content.
- BUT! If you’re one step ahead you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone using your blog that is increasing your onsite ranking and repost them on Facebook to increase your Social ranking!
While some factors of Google's Snack Pack weigh more heavily than others, they are all crucial elements to consider when aiming to land a spot in Local Search Results. So if you have a ton of reviews but still not dominating you may need to a closer look at where you need to improve. If you're still stumped and need, click here and speak to one of our specialists today! (don’t worry we don’t charge you for a phone call)