It was declared that by 2020 80% of online traffic will be video! While it’s tempting to start a mass production of videos or use the same one for multiple platforms, videos need to be part of a strategic plan. So it’s important to understand each social network and create videos that are optimized for that particular platform.
There are 100 million hours of video being watched every day on Facebook! They have taken major shifts to respond to the demand for video. Along with Live streaming and video ads, Facebook has even refined its algorithm to increase video relevancy in people's News Feed! Clearly, Facebook is all about video, so here are some factors to consider when creating content.
- Live Streaming: Live streamed videos are watched 3x more than regular videos! Facebook Live is great for businesses just starting out because your video doesn't require a lot of money or much planning. The transparency of live video humanizes a business by seeming spontaneous and relatable to your audience.
- Subtitle: Subtitles are essential because 85% of users watch videos WITHOUT sound! This allows your videos to be enjoyed everywhere, by any audience. To better serve their user experience Facebook has made adding subtitles easier than ever!
- Native Videos: Studies have shown that native videos perform 4x better than videos uploaded from other search engines.
YouTube! is the #1 video search engine in the world. There are 5 billion videos being watched every day. With all this traffic, YouTube! is the platform where you really want to put your best foot forward!
- Invest: Youtube is where you take the opportunity to showcase your higher quality content. Business Profile Videos are essential to have here because this platform recommends similar content based on the video its users are watching.
- SEO: You can rank your video by finding keywords through Google Adwords. These results can even be modified to match the exact keywords you're looking for. Just remember the lower in volume in monthly searches, the better chances your video will be ranked higher. When starting your video content it also helps to create them with specific search terms in mind.
- Clear Introduction: Ever since videos have gotten longer and content has become more informative and less entertaining, Youtube bounce back rates have gotten higher! By having a strong and clear introduction, people are less likely to bounce back. Once the content is properly introduced, a question is set, and the resolve for the curiosity is the completion of your video
What was originally an image sharing app, has quickly evolved into one of the most popular social media platforms. Last August Instagram responded to the demand for video by introducing Instagram Stories and only after 2 months of launching they reached 100 million daily users! With users speeding through their newsfeed it’s important to have a plan ready to keep users from passing your content!
- Eye catching thumbnails: The whole point is to catch your users eyes and keep them from scrolling by.
- Instagram Stories: This disappearing video feature is a great way to increase brand awareness through continuously produce content that gives views a “behind-the-scenes” feel of your business.
- Optimize your post: By placing #hashtags on all your posts you are creating more opportunities to get found by Instagram users. Though I wouldn't advise using them all, you are allowed up to 30 hashtags per post.
With users saying that by watching videos on products, it has influenced their buying decisions by 73%, video NEEDS to be an essential part of your social media marketing! By understanding how and what types of video work most effectively in each platform, you can better optimize your marketing content for more compelling video strategy.